Navigate this page via search or the table of contents.
Every property connected to the public sewer system will be issued a monthly sewer bill. Sewer bills are trifold bills that you must tear of the edges to open. Unless you opt to receive your bill via email, you will receive your bill via USPS around the 10th of the month. Non-receipt of a sewer bill does not exclude the obligation of payment. Property owners may elect to have a copy of the bill sent to a rental property for an attending resident.
If you have any questions regarding your bill or payments, please contact North Londonderry Township, Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at (717) 838-1373.
Sewer Bill Breakdown
- Previous Balance: A sum of outstanding charges from prior billings, including a 1.5% interest charge for late or non-payment.
- Base Fee: A monthly fee of $29.50 to cover maintenance of the collection system (pipes, pumping stations and treatment plant). This fee is issued to all public sewer customers and does not cease for any reason. Therefore, the owner is responsible for payment of these charges.
- Usage Charge: Based upon monthly water usage, charges for treatment are $9.77 per 1,000 gallons.
- CID: Used to create an account on the customer portal. Here you can make payments, sign up for ebill, and monitor your account.
- From Date – To Date: The range of your monthly water usage. Pennsylvania American Water reads water meters in the Township around the middle of the month. After that, they provide the Township with the readings to bill appropriately for what has entered the sewer system.
We do NOT accepted payments at the Township Office.
- Mail check or money order to:
North Londonderry Township
P.O. Box 605
Palmyra PA 17078
(please include top portion of bill or note account number on payment)
- Automatic withdrawal from a checking or savings account. Prior to next billing, complete and submit form to the Office.
- Submit one-time payment on the customer portal by credit card (finance charges apply) or bank account.
If you establish payments through you bank, please make sure you’ve noted your sewer account number. We do not receive these payments electronically. Therefore, allow adequate time for a check to be processed and mailed to us.
*If you received a delinquent notification/certified letter, please review the letter for alternate payment options.
Moving, Buying or Selling?
Buyers and sellers need to contact the Township Office regarding Final Sewer bills or to set up an account. The settlement company should also make contact with us a few days before settlement to determine an amount to hold in escrow.
Sellers: The settlement company will collect an estimated dollar amount from you at the time of settlement to cover your final sewer bill. If the settlement company holds more in escrow than is owed for final sewer charges, they should return the difference to you.
Buyers: Since sewer bills are issued a few weeks after water readings, if you moved in toward the end of the month, you may not see a bill right away. We do encourage you to call the Township Office if you are unsure because non-reciept of a bill does not exclude you from payment.